- On Facebook, most post engagement currently happens on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Facebook may give lower weight to posts that ask people to “Like” something. Try using a different verb such as “join” or “support”.
- With Instagram’s new search and explore feature, it’s important to make sure you have the right hashtags.
- Unlike Pinterest, you can drop hash tags in your Instagram comments if you forget to put them in the caption.
- Google Plus allows you the unique ability to mark up the text in your posts. To bold text, surround it with asterisks (*). To italicize text, surround it with underscores (_). I.e. *bold* or _italic_.
- Share longer messages on Google Plus, then Tweet the link. This not only allows a longer message, but it’s also a good way to cross-promote your social accounts.
- Consider LinkedIn showcase pages to promote an individual product or part of your company.
- Experiment with your tweet times but it’s maintain overall consistency. That consistency is how your followers found you in the first place.
- Tweets with links are more likely to be re-tweeted than tweets without links.
- Your social profiles, especially Twitter, should be dynamic. Change them every couple months.
- If a Twitter conversation gets in depth (and perhaps personal), consider moving it to Direct Message so your followers aren’t overwhelmed.
- Don’t just tweet an article title and link, offer your thoughts on the article (perhaps in place of the title if space is tight).
- Need to share an important update? Consider posting a slight variation two or three times during the day to cover all time zones.
General Social Marketing Tips
- Better to target your message at the specific needs of a narrowed group than the general needs of everyone.
- Encourage commenting on your blog post by asking users to leave a comment.
- Though you will get fewer impressions, you may see higher engagement by posting at “off-peak” hours. There are fewer posts during these times, so yours will stand out more.
- When posting about a new product feature, bullet pointing technical specs should be reserved for detail pages. Instead, speak to how it benefits your customer.
- It’s not just LinkedIn, most networks enjoy more B2B engagement during the week. B2C fares better on the weekends.
- Knowem is a free service that will check your Brand / Username’s availability on popular social networks. Scoop them up before somebody else does!
- In your social profiles, consider a website URL that is more tailored to that social network. A “LinkedIn” welcome page, for example.
- If you post something inaccurate or inappropriate, it’s often better to apologize or correct, than to delete the post.
Let’s conclude with advice from Viral Scientest (yep, that’s a thing) Jonah Berger:
Content must be surprising, interesting, intense, positive, and actionable.
It was sorely lacking, but now it’s here!
What happens when your social posting lists are empty? Your social accounts dry up, leaving followers wondering what happened to you!
It’s only human to let such a thing happen, so AutomatePlus now provides an email notification to inform you that your lists are empty.
We try to do this in the least obtrusive way possible. You’ll get at most one email per day and it will contain a list of all of your accounts that have “dried up”.
We hope you find this new feature useful. As always, please provide your feedback!
For a while we did nothing but focus on the core of our Lists feature, but offered relatively little in the way of social network integration.
Last month we added Facebook and today we introduce LinkedIn!
You are now able to connect your LinkedIn profile or pages to AutomatePlus’s powerful social posting service.
Sign up for free today and start automating your social!
Using a great posting tool like AutomatePlus is only part of social media success equation. We’ll continue to provide our one-liner tips to improve your reach and engagement on a bi-weekly to monthly basis!
- You don’t engage people by stating facts, you do so by telling a story.
- Increase engagement in your posts by swapping out a single word for a more “emotional” synonym.
- You can get away with more hashtags on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, but keep them relevant.
- Having at least one image in a blog post increases its chances of being shared on social.
- When conceiving content for posts, be aware of industry-specific dates, like events and tradeshows.
- Use Facebook Groups as another channel to offer customer support.
- Having great content isn’t enough, it needs to be extremely easy to share. Think about the position of your share buttons.
- Pinterest pins convert more often than Facebook or Twitter posts.
- Of the Instagram filters, Mayfair currently has the highest engagement rate.
- Sometimes, the easiest way to get followers is to simply ask your visitors or readers to follow you.
Today AlternativeTo has approved a listing for AutomatePlus. It was submitted as an alternative to Buffer and HootSuite.
While AutomatePlus is still in beta and has yet to integrate the full array of social networks offered by Buffer or Hootsuite, there is a strong foundation that offers a fresh approach to how we manage our social campaigns.
The two driving features being the AutomatePlus social posting tool are:
- Lists – the ability group your social posts that follow a certain format into lists.For example, if you were an Appliance Retailer, you might tweet a quick appliance maintenance or repair tip on Tuesdays and Fridays.You also might promote a product sale every Monday.
In addition, you decided to provide industry news on Thursdays and Saturdays.
All of this is easy to manage with the power of lists.
- Random Post Times – there’s nothing more obviously robotic than a Twitter account that tweets at the exact same time every day.AutomatePlus allows you to choose a time range for your posts. From there, all posts will be scheduled at a random time within your specified time range.
Oh, did we mention that it’s all FREE?
AutomatePlus is still in beta and will be for some time. During this time, we allow our users to help us shape the future of the product. And what better way to say thanks than to remove the price tag!
Anyone who has tried to upload an MP3 file to Wistia before might doubt the usefulness of this post, as you actually can upload an audio file directly through Wistia’s interface.
However, there are limitations with Wistia audio files. The primary limitation being that they can’t be embedded or shared.
To get around this, we first convert our MP3 files to video. This may seem like an involved task, but quite the contrary. By leveraging online tools, we can make this happen effortlessly.
- Come up with a background image for your video. This image will be displayed while the audio is playing. Your logo might be a good fit.Make sure it is at least 640 x 480 pixels. If you’re using a logo and don’t have a large version of it, you can just pad it with white space.
One other note: It must be saved as a JPG file (explained in step 3)
- Visit http://mp3toolbox.net/ and upload your video
- Choose “Convert MP3 to FLV”. We choose FLV because, for some reason, Wistia is not able to process MP4 files created with this tool.
- Choose the image you created in Step #1. You’ll notice that MP3Toolbox only allows JPG images.
- Click the “Convert” button, then wait for it to upload and process.
- Finally, download your FLV file, then upload it to Wistia.